Solving These Skills

I did it. I memorized the algorithms to solve a Rubik's Cube.

My best time is shown to the right: 1 minute 37 seconds. But I think that was a little bit of a fluke. I can usually solve it in 2 - 2.5 minutes.

I'm pretty happy with this, and I don't expect to put too much additional effort into improving this. I've put enough time in this over the past 8 weeks, and it's not really a skill that will continue to help me down the road (especially compared to my ukulele and Spanish lessons).

My son Elijah, however, is much better than me. He has memorized some more advanced patterns and algorithms, which allow him to solve it in a minute or less. And he is working on more. I wouldn't be surprised if he could do it in 30 seconds by the end of the year.

Now, some of my friends (ahem . . .) claim that I peeled the stickers off, or in some other way cheated. So, here's a video of me solving it (in about 2:28)




Next Month: Taking a Break

July will be a busy month for us. We will be moving (at least, we are planning on it, since we don't have a house to move to, yet), and you know how much is involved in that.

So I will spend a few hours each week with my uke and my Rosetta Stone lessons, and maybe pick up the Rubik's Cube a little. And I'll be back in August with another new skill that I'm excited to learn.

Related Link:

No comments :

Post a Comment