Compassion International

As a grad student, around Christmas time, I heard my first radio ad for Compassion International. I didn't have much money, but I figured that I could give up on $18 per month (I think that was the cost of sponsorship back then). Honestly, I didn't really know what I was getting into. I just felt like the right thing to do.

Now over a decade later, I am still a sponsor -- rather, my family is a sponsor. In the past 8 years, I have traveled to 2 Third-World countries, and now live in an impoverished area, so I have seen firsthand the needs for those who live in generational poverty. It's amazing to think that just $38 per month can provide a child with food, clothing, education, and hope.

And the blessings have been returned to my family as well. Sponsoring children has given Joanna and I a great tool to help expand our kids' worldviews. We want them to think bigger than just their neighborhood, church, city, state, and country. As parents, we want them to know that God created and loves people all over the world, even those that look and speak differently than they do.

Obviously, I think a lot of this organization. But don't just take my word for it. Here are a couple of our bloggers that testify to the potential for changed lives through Compassion.

Consider sponsoring a child today!


Related Link:

No comments :

Post a Comment